Six Criteria of Homestay Screening
All of our homestay participants have been carefully vetted, and will rigorously abide by Boston Roundtable’s service commitments. Every student will receive timely assistance starting from the moment he or she enters our service program, extending through graduation. Each student will also be assigned a local coordinator who works closely with the student, the host family, as well as the school in order to provide comprehensive guidance and assistance. The criteria we use for all homestay host candidates is as follows:
- Criminal background checks for all family members in the host family over the age of 18
- Host family must have a strong sense of care and duty
- Host family must have friendly atmosphere
- Host family must be willing to learn about Chinese culture and be open to accepting Chinese students
- Host family must be willing to engage with student
- Host family must make the time commitment necessary for adequate caretaking of the student
Our Five-Tier Support System
Boston Roundtable offers resources for our students at direct contact, coordination, and upper managerial levels to ensure a comprehensive bed of contacts and resources. Our tiered support is as follows:
- Host Families - Upon arrival in the U.S. the student will be greeted by the warm and caring host family, who will providing lodging, meals, and transportation support in order to ensure the personal safety of each student during their U.S. stay. At the same time, host family will also provide lifestyle support to ensure student receives a fulfilling U.S. cultural experience.
- Project Managers - project managers are committed to providing students with the most comprehensive, direct and timely support services. They reside within one hour's drive from host families and partnership schools.
- Regional Managers - Regional managers are responsible for the overall management, communication, and performance improvement of the team. They work closely with the Project Managers and Student Affairs Coordinators to tackle problems across several school districts.
- Student Affairs Coordinators - Student Affairs Coordinators are bilingual specialists who provide students with professional mentorship and counseling ranging from academics, lifestyle, mental wellness, to social and cultural assimilation.
- Customer Service Representatives - The highly experienced Chinese Customer Service Team provides timely and accurate responses to inquiries from both student and parent, guaranteeing the most professional support services.